Miriam Own Your Light #4 | Da'at & The BodyFeb 01, 2024
In this week's call, we shared what I think is probably the most important topic, which is a basis and framework for all. Contrary to what most people think, the body comes from a higher spiritual source than the soul itself. Learning techniques and tools to be grounded in the body is vital to having an embodied spiritual life where we learn concepts and integrate them into our lived experiences.
Daat, our soul power that makes information emotionally relevant in our lives, is the same word as intimacy in the Torah. We discussed what constitutes an intimate relationship and how we can translate that into our relationship with G-d and the deepest parts of ourselves.
Here are some grounding techniques that we discussed:
1. Breath- inhaling and exhaling for double the inhale and breathing into the Divine life force energy flowing through your body
2. Taking your pulse and feeling the flow of life force energy pulsating through you
3. Being still and present and listening for sounds in the background that you wouldn't have otherwise noticed.
4. Using the five senses- take notice of 5 things that you see, 4 things that you feel, 3 things that you hear, 2 things that you smell, and 1 thing that you taste.
5. Grounding in the earth- taking off your socks or simply feeling your feet against the floor and receiving the gift of the life force energy flowing up your feet from the earth below.
Each and every one of you is such a gift, and it's such an honor to be on this journey with you!
Join our mailing list and invites to live classes. Enjoy your complimentary gift "Tree of Life" Class & Devekut Meditation.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.